A few years ago #GivingTuesday made a sense only to fundraising professionals. Not anymore. Now it’s a worldwide trend and an International fundraising holiday.
In 2014 #GivingTuesday resulted in over $45 million in donations with over 27,000 nonprofit organizations participating. Get ready to join the fun on December 1st. Here are some quick giving ideas, tips and tools. Feel free to share.
- Join #GivingTuesday at www.givingtuesday.org
- Get inspiration and giving ideas from #GivingTuesday organization: www.givingtuesday.org/ideas/.
- Here are some helpful tools: www.givingtuesday.org/tools/
- Find a cause you care about and donate to it: www.donorschoose.org, www.earthisland.org, www.smile.amazon.com/ch/47-1211055
- Be transparent and specific about where the donations will go to. Giving transparency can help your story.
- Prepare a landing page. Promote your #GivingTuesday campaign on your website’s homepage. Better yet, create a dedicated giving page just for #GivingTuesday and promote that exact page. Make sure people can find your donate button immediately.
- Test your donation page before going live! Ask how we can help you create, test and optimize your donation page: email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @LIMIT8_NYC for more tips.